DC Weightlifting Club is a team of dedicated weightlifters comprised of working professionals, in and around the District of Columbia, who are passionate about our sport. Our mission is to improve our technical skills through training and competition. We elevate our members by advancing them to compete, learn, coach, and officiate at the highest levels they want to achieve.
DC Weightlifting Club is 501(c)3 non-profit.
- CrossFit DC – 1507 U St NW, Washington, DC, 20009
- CrossFit DC Northeast – 1365 H Street NE, Washington, DC, 20002
U Street NW
- Tue: 8:30 pm – 10 pm
- Wed: 8:30 pm – 10 pm
- Thu: 8:30 pm – 10 pm
- Sat: 8 am – 10 am
- Sun: 8 am – 10 am
H Street NE
- Training by arrangement only
JOINING DC WEIGHTLIFTING CLUB
We always have room for passionate, competition-minded weightlifters. Check out our new member inquiry for more information. See our team requirements below.
Out-of-town athletes with a current USAW membership (or your national weightlifting federation) are always welcome for short-term training, free of charge.
- Compete in two meets per year
- Includes intra-squad, inter-squad and developmental meets
- Follow team programming
- Accessory work is individual
- Outside programming must be approved
- Become or maintain a current USAW member within one month of joining
- Become a USAW Local Referee within six months of joining
- Train a minimum of three of five scheduled training days per week
- Work at Capital City Open, our largest fundraiser, every April
DC Weightlifting is committed to advancing athletes, coaches, technical officials, and meet directors. We will reimburse you for the following:
- USAW Coaches
- Sport Performance 1 ($100)
- Sports Performance 2 ($100)
- Club Coach (SP1 + $25 additional)
- National Coach (SP2 + TBD travel expenses)
- USAW Referee
- Local (LWC) Referee ($25)
- National Referee or higher (TBD for travel expenses)
- Meet Directors & Competition Secretaries
- Reimbursement terms depend on work completed.
- Local and National Meet Operations
- Learn how to meet coach athletes
- Learn technical positions such as referee, marshal, technical controller, timer, and announcer.
DC WEIGHTLIFTING COACHES
- DC Weightlifting Founder
- USAW National Coach
- IWF Category 1 Referee
- USAW Masters Committee, at-large member
- Maryland & Potomac Valley (LWC)
- At-large board member & competition chair
- Capital City Open Meet Director
- Weightlifting Coach
- USAW National Referee
- Co-founder, CrossFit DC